Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Kids today...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Kids today...

    Have they no respect for themselves?

    I had a good view of about half of OU's graduating class as they entered OU Memorial Stadium Friday. Of that half, about half of them were wearing the type of clothes you would wear to the beach or to mow your yard. T-shirts, cut-off shorts, flipflops, OU jerseys.

    No wonder this country is going down the crapper...
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kids today...

    Its their graduation, they can wear what they want, they spent their time and worked their own way through it. I respect them, I didint even go to mine, thats how much I thought of it.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kids today...

    I've graduated 3 times and the only one i went to was HS...lol...i've been to all 3 of my sis's tho
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kids today...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yankeebaseball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its their graduation, they can wear what they want, they spent their time and worked their own way through it. I respect them, I didint even go to mine, thats how much I thought of it. </div></div>

    What is the point of spending $30K+ just so you can look like a dumbass by wearing lounge clothes to a graduation?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kids today...

    Just cause you think they look that way, I think wearing a square hat and table cloth draped over me looks a bit silly and exaggerated, thats one reason why I didint go personally. Doesnt matter what they looked like, its what they accomplished.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kids today...

    It shows a lack of respect for themselves and the institution. A lack of social responsibility.

    What are they going to do once they get to the real world and realize that they can't get by wearing shorts, t-shirts, and flipflops all the time?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kids today...

    Every college graduation i've been to, the grads were dressed like that.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kids today...

    At mine 10 years ago, there may have been a few people wearing jeans and t-shirts, but most of the graduates were well dressed.

    Hell, at my HS graduation everyone was well dressed, even the poor kids and losers.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kids today...

    At my HS graduation we had to wear ties and black pants...my 2 college graduations I seriously couldn't tell ya...I had a full time job and I didn't have time to go to them...I know at my sis's graduation from HS they had to dress up...but when she graduated from Roanoke college and VCU the grads looked like they were goin to a Keg party on Maple's Gap..
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kids today...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It shows a lack of respect for themselves and the institution. A lack of social responsibility.

    What are they going to do once they get to the real world and realize that they can't get by wearing shorts, t-shirts, and flipflops all the time?

    </div></div>

    I have to agree with bob on this one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •